- 486 metres of steel
- 16 anchor points
- 30 storeys above ground
One of Vancouver’s iconic destinations, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park walks you high above misty evergreens and frothing whitewater with Cliffwalk — a breathtaking exploration of the ancient ecosystem via a marvel of modern engineering.
Comprised of a system of wooden walkways suspended alongside a glacier-carved granite cliff-face, Cliffwalk offers a bird’s-eye-view into one of the world’s last remaining coastal temperate rainforests. Soar above the Capilano Canyon in total safety, gaze over the natural home of deer, bears and eagles and immerse yourself in the birthplace of a millennia of First Nations legend and myth. Experience Cliffwalk — a stroll through the sky.
- Tour Cliffwalk’s suspended walkway — firmly anchored 91 metres above the raging Capilano River — and take in 360-degree views of rainforest, waterfalls and wildlife.
- Stroll through Cliffwalk for 213 metres, at times separated from open air by only a few millimetres of safety glass.
- Cliffwalk was engineered and constructed in an ecologically unobtrusive manner.
Also brave the park’s original attraction with a wobbly duck-walk across the 140-metre-long, 70-metre-high Suspension Bridge;
then explore the forest canopy via tree-to-tree boardwalks at the family-oriented Treetops Adventure.
- Back on solid ground , delve into Kia’palano First Nations culture as you wander amid totem poles and a longhouse, while a local guide narrates his peoples’ history.
North Vancouver has a year-round temperate climate. Summer (June to September) sees warm and dry weather, with increased precipitation in the spring and fall and infrequent snowfall and heavier precipitation during winter (December to March). Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada’s Canadian Climate Normals Website.
- July and August are the warmest weather.
- In December, experience the popular Canyon Lights display.
- Beat the crowds by arriving early in the day.
- Many park attractions are not wheelchair accessible.
- Wear comfortable walking/hiking footwear and apparel.
- On-site designated pet area.
- Children’s programs are available.
- Plan for at least three hours to fully explore the park.